Safety Management Systems
- All tours have been scheduled around ideal seasonal conditions to minimize environmental hazards. Where necessary, pre-tour field reconnaissance will have been carried out.
- GeoCultura monitors political and social conditions in countries where tours take place and will respond appropriately to any potentially hazardous situations.
- To assist participants in their choice of tour, each tour is graded according to the physical demands that are placed on the participant. Each tour will also be assigned a kit list, which is sent to the participant as part of the tour Joining Instructions, in order to guide participants as to what personal clothing/equipment they should carry with them.
- Some locations require specific safety equipment to be worn or used. Where this is the case, equipment fit for purpose will be provided and, where required, explanations will be given on correct usage.
- Post tour documentation and actions are reviewed and, where necessary, appropriate improvements are made to the tour for future runs and successive planning.
- The processes employed are both internally and externally audited and are aligned to BS8848 safety management systems.